Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Manthey Brothers!

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 07 October 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Manthey Man on 07 October 2006

I hope you're not going to keep taunting me with pics of my old car :(

The MKII wheels are a great improvement of the looks Ade, but there's one very important thing on the Yellow one, that's missing from yours.................................

.................and that's the gold plated Manthey badge on the bonnet, it completes the look :wink:
Honestly! For the doubting Thomas... :wink:

P1060001x.jpg

And here's one more for you... :twisted:

P1060002x.jpg
Photoshop !!!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78752

Chris,

I won't be ordering one! I'll wait 18 months and use the £20k saving on an investment of sorts, besides I have only had my 3 for 12 months, might be difficult NOT succumbing to a K410 kit though!

Ade, where are you getting the paintshielding done and how much, I will be getting a front end respray soon!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78753

oh and BTW Sundeep congrats!

It'll take at least a month to get rid of the stupid grin that is no doubt plastered all over your face!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78754

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 07 October 2006

Chris,I won't be ordering one! I'll wait 18 months and use the £20k saving on an investment of sorts, besides I have only had my 3 for 12 months, might be difficult NOT succumbing to a K410 kit though!
Makes sense!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78755

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 07 October 2006
Chris,

I won't be ordering one! I'll wait 18 months and use the £20k saving on an investment of sorts, besides I have only had my 3 for 12 months, might be difficult NOT succumbing to a K410 kit though!

Ade, where are you getting the paintshielding done and how much, I will be getting a front end respray soon!

Poon, the K410 is amazing... but deffo do the suspension first... power is nothing without control! :p

Tom, Joe and Anne at
Paintshield
up in Grantham offer a superb service. Their facilities are first rate, and you can either wait while they do it (takes a couple hours, but you can practice 'Ring laps on the Xbox while there :) ) or leave it with them for the day while you take the train back to London.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78756

I'm going to knock both of your heads together if I find they have sealed in any swirl marks.

Awesome looking cars, just had to say it again!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78757

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by G-Unit on 07 October 2006
I'm going to knock both of your heads together if I find they have sealed in any swirl marks.

D'oh!!! Probably... :p
but at least you have potential for doing the remaining halves of our cars... So if we both get our cars done, does that mean you'll only charge us one car for doing both? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78758

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

I hope you're not going to keep taunting me with pics of my old car :(

The MKII wheels are a great improvement of the looks Ade, but there's one very important thing on the Yellow one, that's missing from yours.................................

.................and that's the gold plated Manthey badge on the bonnet, it completes the look :wink:
Honestly! For the doubting Thomas... :wink:

P1060001x.jpg

And here's one more for you... :twisted:

P1060002x.jpg
Photoshop !!!!!!!

don't worry, I have that special roof signature....

an entire day at Paintshield, but car looks even better...

so
www.paintshield.co.uk
and did the entire front, complete bonnett and wings, sill and rear arches ! will post some more pics if I can

but the exhaust on Ade's Gt3, the car growls and hisses like it is trying to escape, made mine feel quiet !!!

my 1st real drive across from london-birmingham then across to the east midlands hq of paintshield... those Toyo's are 'interesting'.. made the 'continued' back & leg ache worth while !!

respect, to the land of milk and beans but G I know how shy you are but you are indeed an epic wheel man to keep that gt3 on the road with the power and set up that it has !!!

btw, G, do I have uniballs suspension mounts ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78760

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by G-Unit on 07 October 2006

D'oh!!! Probably... :p
but at least you have potential for doing the remaining halves of our cars... So if we both get our cars done, does that mean you'll only charge us one car for doing both? :wink:

What four door and two roofs? lol :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78768

postamble();
Looking Nice Guys

Sorry I missed you both, can you do me a favour in case Joe did not get the details, can you let me have the descriptors and part numbers for the bumpers so we can get them displayed correctly in our database :)

Best Wishes

Tom

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79538

will do tom, will post some pics later as well

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79546

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 07 October 2006

but the exhaust on Ade's Gt3, the car growls and hisses like it is trying to escape, made mine feel quiet !!!
After yesterday's funday at BrandsGP, I just brought the car back from JZ as a quick follow up as I also knew there is absolutely NO way I was going to pass Bedford noise tests.... The noise, whilst massively grin inducing, was starting to do my head in, and after a bit of tweaking by Steve McH, she is purring as quietly as a kitten! Well, ok, maybe an angry cat on drugs doing a Darth Vadar impression, but she's heck of a lot quieter than before!!! Kinda miss the growl though... :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79671

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 10 October 2006

Previous poster said:

After yesterday's funday at BrandsGP, I just brought the car back from JZ as a quick follow up as I also knew there is absolutely NO way I was going to pass Bedford noise tests.... The noise, whilst massively grin inducing, was starting to do my head in, and after a bit of tweaking by Steve McH, she is purring as quietly as a kitten! Well, ok, maybe an angry cat on drugs doing a Darth Vadar impression, but she's heck of a lot quieter than before!!! Kinda miss the growl though... :?
shame i was looking forward to hearing what all the fuss was about on saturday...:(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79674

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 10 October 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

shame i was looking forward to hearing what all the fuss was about on saturday...:(
Well, I might revert back to the previous sound as I now know how to change the sound with a spanner and about 2 minutes! However, without the reduction in noise, there is no way they will allow me on at Bedford...! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79937

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

And it's not something you can adjust yourself - the niose was amazing, but Kate did say to me:

"Do you think it is that noisey when you are in the car? - keep 100m back!"

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79950

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back