Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hi Everyone from Mexico

John Albert Salinas

Hi everyone, I must say that im kinda surpraised with this weird feeling that porsche represents. I'm new with the porsche whole thing and I may buy a 69 911 but a I saw the car in some car shows, looks amazing but after some drinking talking about buying that car, my friend (car's owner) told me the car has 2.0 liter engine and 4 speed trans, as I traying to get a little of knowlage, how good is that car, speaking of what I've found, it is the cheapest version of the 69.

Here goes the questions, may be stupid, so don't laugh that much. :oops:

How good is the car, talking about a collection car... ( I am a Mustang guy, so It's very different Muscle cars from european )?How hard it is to tune up the engine?The selling price is $12,500 US dollars... do you think it could be worthy??And the stupidest question! could it be changed the engine lid, to a ducktail lid?

:D :D
ths so much for your time!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77424

Welcome John!

Early 911s are tricky- I'd recommend getting an expert to look it over to make sure it is not going to cost you a fortune to sort out. $12,000 sounds cheap, so worth pursuing- everyone, even a mustang guy, should have a 911 once in their lives.

The engines are very tunable, and there is plenty of expertise about. The only question is how much you want to spend...

You can certainly change the lid to a ducktail lid!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77426

The place to talk early 911s is
www.ddk-online.com

Lots of knowledge about pre 73 cars.

Ian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77431

Thx for the link ian_uk, I'll join ASAP, hope te get some pictures showing the car soon, it is a 911 "E" (I Think) not sure, and I'm starting witthis so I'm not exactly and expert, but hopefully there is plenty of inormation to catch.

And BTW ... I Love the mustangs.. but since I drove a 74 porsche sportamatic with 2.4 lts... OMG :| It is something.!!!

Thx for your opinions and let's see what happens

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77473

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back