Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

'Surging' during acceleration?

Kirk1176

Getting a very odd problem with my 996. At around 3,000 RPM when I'm accelerating I get a subtle drop in power. If folks know how it feels when an A/C system kicks in, it kinda feels like that. It's only for a moment but it is noticable and I'm not sure if it's affecting the overall performance of the car.

If I accelerate hard, I don't notice it but I'm not sure if the car feels quite as quick as it should.

Any comments?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77123

could be one of the leads breaking under load,

or a duff spark plug again under load

or possibly the MAF sensor,

get it checked,

however if it is intermitent, then best to leave untill it gets worse, which it will if it is any of the above.

Could also be one of the injectors fouling, worth putting some injector cleaner in anyway

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77129

Thanks for the feedback. Taken in to OPC and the technician says everything is normal, no error codes from the engine so will just have to keep an eye on it. Will try some injector cleaner, any recommendations on a good one?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77624

A few tanks of Shell V Power or BP Ultimate should help.

Perhaps worth getting it checked out on a rolling road, e.g West Tuning or somesuch. That will quickly show if the engine is performing as advertised. The 40th Anniversary cars should feel pretty sprightly, with a few useful extra hp over standard...

I'd be wary of engine injector cleaner additive thingies that have not been recommended by Porsche GB.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78974

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back