Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Key doesnt work

Yep thats right SeanD, I teach and obviously cannot use the Pc's at work! Anyway, Ive not left the car for a while so it isnt that but I made some progress today. The key wasnt working at all so I used some methylated spirits with a small art brush and then left it for an hour - I had nothing to loose. (the light didnt come on at all once it was wet but did once it dried). Anyway, it now has a new lease of life and works usually after the second or third click of the button and the odd time first time.

Ive also just used some Contact cleaner to see if that improves it any. So, could be worth a try.

Im also wondering whether the sensor in the car may be to fault????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76876

My guess is if cleaning the PCB has had an effect the sensor in the car is OK. Note it is always advisebale to remove the battery when using a cleaner. Definately you should not be trying to press the button.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76890

So Wesley...

tell us more....

Any pics?

bit about you... ???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76891

BTW why a 911 forum and not one of the many Boxster forums out there?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76892

Hi Nicola, I chose this forum because it seemed a bit busier than the rest and besides I thought most Porsche keys were likely to work in the same way? Dont have any pics on my pc but its black, 2.7, all the xtras limited edition green leather, turbo Alloys etc. Hardly a 911 though. Thats coming next maybe. 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77093

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back