Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Panamera...

Not what I imagined - looks like they have stretched a Cayenne!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74457

Just ghastly.

A foul looking car somewhere between a Focus and a Skoda. In my opinion, of course.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74459

They must be joking! A long time ago I thought the 914 was the ugliest Porsche ever, then they made the KN, now this "thing" !!! :(
It does look like a squashed KN alright, please God, don't let them do it, it'll tar the image of Porsche!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74466

Previous poster said:
Quote: please God, don't let them do it, it'll tar the image of Porsche!

Some time ago they stopped worrying about the image of the marque and started to focus on the bottom line.

I was working in the US when the Cayman was launched and could not believe my eyes to see primetime blanket advertising for the car day after day. It was at that point I realised things were/had changed forever. When you start going for the mass market especially the US one things change and that includes the image.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74470

Maserati's order book has just doubled on the strngth of that.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74475

This often happens - people start getting exercised over a mule. Most of the time mules look nothing like the finished article - they are only testing chassis, engines, drivetrains etc. not exterior...probably a 911 front end bottled to a VW estate or something...I would recommend waiting until official pics are launched before making any conclusions (mind you could still look like a Cayenne that an elephant sat on)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74554

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Tim Riseborough on 18 September 2006

This often happens - people start getting exercised over a mule. Most of the time mules look nothing like the finished article - they are only testing chassis, engines, drivetrains etc. not exterior...probably a 911 front end bottled to a VW estate or something...I would recommend waiting until official pics are launched before making any conclusions (mind you could still look like a Cayenne that an elephant sat on)
You are probably right there - hopefully the finished article will look a lot more like the earlier pictures we saw.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74557

Me too, I was quite keen on the elongated 993 look rather than the squashed KN look.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74579

Urgh, coloured side indicators!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74589

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 18 September 2006

Me too, I was quite keen on the elongated 993 look rather than the squashed KN look.
I thought it was an elongated 996 (not sure about the whole 993 idea) :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74602

i'm sure when they unwrap it the order books will be full !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74827

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back