Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

boxster power loss

john campbell

Hi lads, is there anyone out there that might be able to throw some light on a problem i've encountered with my 98 R plate boxster, coming home from work the other night it started to lose power and die on me, this was followed by the emissions light coming on, i managed to nurse the car home and have since had it in to a gargae for a diagnostic test, the test showed nothin but unknown faults, these were reset and the engineer & myself took the car for a drive, sure enough the light came on again and when the lad tried to pull away at speed the car would splutter and give no response, but if you take it real slow and your light on the gas it seems to pull away fine, so with no results except unknown faults showing , the lad reckons it might be the air flow sensor/meter, would anyone out there agree, or has anybody else experienced such a problem, any advice/help much appreciated,

Jay Cee

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71838

Could be a mass aif flow sensor fault, pull the multiplug off it and see if it runs better.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71841

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back