Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

For plastic trim?

vlad

Sao Paulo
postamble();
Hi, what do you guys recommend for cleaning up the acres of plastic trim - in the front compartment - not sure whether I'll tackle the engine compartment. I have used soap and water to get the dust and grim off - is there a product to 'dress' the plastic afterwards?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70878

Agreed- I used Armor All matt dash wipes for dressing the plastic trim in the engine bay and front compartment before a Concours- came up a treat and long lasting.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71389

Thanks for that - the front compartment has come up a treat - before I even think of attacking the engine compartment I need to clean off 25K miles of crud, any ideas -steam cleaning - know I don't want to blast it with a jet wash! Is it a home job - or should I get it professionally done - after which I can probably keep on top of it.

Cheers

postamble();

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71477

As said in your other post, good ol' Autoglym Clean Machine... you can do it yourself, ideally washing it off with watering can or similar- first put clingfilm over any electrical looking bits, or air intakes etc (just remember to take them off again before the engine gets hot or it'll melt on!).

Jet washes get water where it isn't wanted, and IIRC BMW dealers stopped steam cleaning engines a while back.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72377

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back