Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air Conditioning Not Working

Sly74

I have just bought a 1998 996 Carrera tiptronic S and the A/C isn't working. I know that the gas has been recharged. But when you set the a/c to 16 and full speed, the fan speeds up, but no cold air. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Phil

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69703

Sounds Like its Broken to me !

:twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69704

You will need to have it looked at. Mine was the same and it needed two new condensors which is a pretty expensive job ( a few hundred quid). If you bought from a dealer I suggest you start with them as mine put it right foc. I am no expert on rights etc, but see what they say. Otherwise its get it checked properly.

rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69972

Thanks Rich, I bought the 996 2nd hand, knowing that the A/C was erratic. The car was checked by porsche once before, they originally said that the A/C radiator might be leaking?, but then after a regas suggested that wasnt the problem? but didnt know what the problem was? I'm guessing that there diag computer wont necessarily pick up the fault?

Phil

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69973

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back