Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thinking of buying a 997C2S

chris holmes

Thinking of buying a 997C2S and have taken a 997 C2 out for a spin and love it. Problem is It`ll be our main car at weekends and I have a 18 month old daughter. How many of you use it for main car and have children?

My budget is about £60,000 and I have seen a few for sale at this price private and dealers on a 04/54 reg. What spec should I consider for residual values. What rate of deprication would I expect on a yearly basis from then on with the C2S

regards chris

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69512

Depreciation on a used C2S per year first 3 years probably £15 - 20k overall

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69513

just use an 03 996 as a guide

for instance my car C4S 996 03 fully kited was approx £74k new

with 26k miles now, and nearly 4 years on it is worth dealer £44k approx, some more some less and £40k pex, possibly £41.5k private

so it has lost in real terms £34k in nearly 4 years, which is a loss of approx £8k a year.

Rate of depreciation is steep initially, however slows considerably as the cars age past 5 years.

For example if you got a 98 996C2 last year for £22k, it is probably worth £21k now

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69516

assume the options take the bulk of the depreciation

but some are these are critical for both the car and it's future resale

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69536

regarding baby seats are there any seats that fit in the back bar porsche`s own. I mean one that would suit a 18month old??

chris

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70659

nobody owns a porker and has kids then? Probably better off sticking with the evo 8mr 340.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70970

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by chris holmes on 23 August 2006

nobody owns a porker and has kids then? Probably better off sticking with the evo 8mr 340.
There are a few with kids, with 996s and 993s etc. Not sure if anyone has the 997 & kids though. There have been anumber of threads on child seats in the past. You may find the answer in there somewhere!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70971

Hi

I had a 997 c2s, also have two kids, at the time they were 2 and 4.

I used the two piece Porsche child seats which fitted in the back fine.

The 2 year old was two small for the Porsche seat for the first 6 months (did not support her head at the side when she fell asleep) so on long journeys I used an existing single piece seat we had (just squeezed in)

Tip – take the seat bottoms out before fitting the child seats as they mark easily.

The hard parts are finding a push chair that fits in the boot and stopping the children scratching the backs of the front seats with their shoes !

997 have taken a real pasting with regards depreciation
I sold my 12 month old (72k list) for £56.5k (I had trade offers of around £55k) 22k miles- sold it 6 months ago

Useful extras are – sat nav, upgraded stereo, full electric seats, heated seats, rear wiper

Chrono is waste of money and looks naff

There is a low spec black one on ebay at the moment – only been bid to £50k (Jan 05 - 17k miles)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71162

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back