Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Price Guide for 997 C2S?

Robmeister

I'm considering a 997 C2S and am starting to see well spec'd private cars at £58/59k. However, a Parkers guide valuation (adj'd for options) puts the private sale value at ca £49-50k which seems very low. I've got a second Glass's report which puts the value at about £53k. This suggests I need to seek 10%+ off the purchase price. Any comments of what discounts people have got to the private selling asking price would be welcome?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68158

forget parkers, they don't work for 911's

early 997 C2S are still going to be at least 55+

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68166

Parkers GUIDE.. Thats all that Crap book is a GUIDE..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68168

I wouldn't disagree with Daniel's assessment.

997C2S is one hell of a car for £50K and I would have thought still rare enough to have retained an above average value.

The only way to find out is to turn up and wave a £50K under someone's nose and prove the true value.

Then post it and let us know!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68191

If you want to talk about Guides-

997 C2S 05-54reg done 9,000 miles.

(TRADE PRICES)

Glasses guide - £57,200

CAP (black book) - £47,400

Now which one is right ?????

On something like a Porsche, the Porsche dealer is making the price.. They mark it up for what they want, and non porsche dealers mark their cars up a little cheaper.. and then a Private seller has to be cheaper still....

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68192

Well I still don't know... looked at both a 997 C2 and 996 C4S today... not sure if I still prefer the exterior of the 4S but concerned that the 997 will continue to grow on me. Not sure if I can get the 997 at the right price though

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68218

Wait until you can afford a 997. It's a better car than the 996 - unless you're talking TT, GT3 or GT2 (that aren't beset by the dreaded water-cooled engine problems, which, of course, may well affect 997s too).

And for the record, having owned the great 993 I've had it with Porsche unless I can persuade the FD that we need a 996 TT, GT3 or, at a pinch a GT2(!). Or I can afford to buy (nearly) new and benefit from the basic warranty or a year or so's extended warranty.

The quality of the cars isn't good enough, the OPCs are rubbish and neither Porsche GB or Porsche AG could give a stuff about their customers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68225

Maxy is right. I've been driven in a 997 C2S on the track and with all the adjustable suspension etc it felt light and extremely quick. I've also driven a pals and was blown away. Interior build quality seems another level over and above the 996. And its worth getting into the extended warranty scheme.

I agree that 996C4S is a great looking car and most of the problems should have been ironed out, but the 997, IMHO, looks drives and is built better.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68226

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back