Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

super sport

s.g

hi to all as this is my first post.

i have been looking at a few different models and variations. could any body tell me when the 911 super sport was introduced and the specifications on this model please
thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67910

Hi, and welcome!

Not sure of the specifics, but I'm pretty sure the Supersport was basically a Turbo without the turbo, i.e. drilled discs, sports suspension, sports seats, and of course the wide body and whale tail.

Thinking of buying?

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67912

The supersport is without doubt the best 911 ever produced! May be biased though... :wink:

looking at my book of spells.... you could order a "supersport" from 1984 in the coupe version and from 1986 in Targa and Cab versions.

It's slower then the normal 3.2's due to the weight, but what an ass!

What else do you want to know?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67913

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 30 July 2006

The supersport is without doubt the best 911 ever produced! May be biased though... :wink:
I'm with you Nic

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67923

hi thanks for the reply's
nicola what are the performance figures on the supersport due to to weight increase.
also the one i had my eye on is a 1979 3.0 sc with the turbo arches added at some point (as i found out after some enquiring) and it looks like it will need a bit of work doin on it as its looking a bit shabby inside but the guy is asking £8,350 (is this too much )
any way thanks again

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67929

This wouldn't happen to be a gold one would it, followed it into the Tipec event yesterday morning, look good, but little odd being an SC without spoiler.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67945

hi no its a black one heres the link its the top one
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp
? page=2&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=PORSCHE&model= 911&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=bl3+4dp&miles= 1500&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67949

I'll get performance figures for you later....

Not much in it though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67965

cheer for that supersport it made very interesting reading and plenty of usefull stuff

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68003

THe supersport is about 50kg heavier and about 12 mph slower top end.

only figures I can lay my hands on at the minute.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68006

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back