Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster S -radio fuse & steering "creak"

James Turnbull

Hi,

First time to the Forum and a new Porsche owner having just bought myself a 2002 Boxster S- absolutely over the moon with it. Couple of "niggles" though;

1. The radio worked fine, I turned it off and then went to turn it back on again and it didn't work. I phoned Porsche and they said that sounded like a fuse so I followed their instructions and checked. It turned out that merely checking the fuses resulted in the radio working again but no sound coming out. I assume this means the amp fuse has blown but cannot seem to find this in amongst the fuse box in the drivers foot well (where the dealer told me it would be located). Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. During the first 20 mins or so of use the steering works and feels perfect. After that time when I'm driving in and around town (i.e. slowly) I start to hear a faint creak when I turn the wheel. Its hard to explain but it almost sounds like something needs greasing.....anyone else experienced similar or have any suggestions?

Thanks very much for any advice received.

J

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66485

I have exactly the same steering problem, Boxster S, 2001, which started in exactly the same way but is more advanced and noisier now. Have been told that it is the rubber bushes at the top of the suspension that have perished, and that it is a difficult (for which read expensive) job by Porsche. Can anyone else verify this problem?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66839

hi james

it sounds like the lower ball joint is dry

we replaced one lastweek

regards

jordan eng

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66846

Thanks Chaps,

Any idea if this would be covered under an RAC warranty?

J

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66849

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back