Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DesignTek Exhaust 996C2

Adam Gallacher

I am considering a DesignTek exhaust for my 996C2. Cant find any reference to it good or bad anywhere. Has anyone any experience of it? If so How dit go?

Adam G

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65402

Welcome Adam!

On the basis that there are no comments about it, I'd recommend trying something else unless they will give you a satisfaction guaranteed pledge, i.e if you don't like it your money back. It may be excellent but so far unknown, but on the other hand it may not.

There is a thread on here somewhere about a sports exhaust that Daz (Speed Freak) had fitted which was v cheap and most impressive.

Robert.

Edited to say I found the thread, but Daz has deleted all his comments... most odd. maybe he'll chip in?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65408

Thanks for the info. I've decided to sacrafice myself in the name of wider 911 sports exhaust knowledge and fit it anyway. I shall report back after the event.

AG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65577

Adam

be interested on your thoughts on this - how much are they? have you actually heard one, interested why you're going for this particular make and not a Tubi or similar,

cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65588

Impulse purchase. The only other examples I could find all sounded great, most were very pricey. I simply wanted a silly noise at a cheap price. This one is 595 from Design911 who've taken a pasting elsewhere on this forum. When its on I'll record it for those with an indecent interest in exhaust notes.

ta

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65628

Exhausts are always popular on here. Ever since the EU got involved the sound of a 911 has changed so much - definately something I would like to change on mine!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65631

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Adam Gallacher on 06 July 2006

This one is 595 from Design911 who've taken a pasting elsewhere on this forum.

Where have Designtek taken a pasting? the only thread i remember them being mentioned here was about the induction system which looked pretty good to me.

However i know from other forums some people dont hold them in the highest regard, i was going to replace my PCCBs with one of there big brake kits but was advised against it and used JZM instead.

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65653

I guess we only hear about the bad.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65676

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back