Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM telephone in Cayman S

PCRracer

When using the PCM telephone in my Cayman S the volume from the microphone(s) seems to be low and callers have trouble hearing my end of the conversation.

I have trawled the manual and the settings on the PCM system but I cannot find any instruction on how to turn up the volume on the microphone(s).

Any advice on this please ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65155

Cayenne 06, same problem in that callers can not hear me on the phone. I pursued the dealer who advises that the PCM/Phone unit is defective on all units supplied to new Cayenne, Cayman and app many 911 over a period of time. ie big problem...they will (when they have worked out how to fix it) recall affected cars. Is this acceptable being that I have had the car 6 months and no sign of recall notice. Anyone any idea of where to go in Porsche with this?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72403

I paid extra for telephone module on my Cayenne delivered new 1/3/06 but haven't even tried putting a sim card in it yet, looks like i best see that it works....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72405

Jamie, dealer got back to me, after testing several times seems vol is OK. App the guy who originally told me it was same fault as Cayman and 911 got it wrong as he just lumped my issue in with theirs, and I didn't question it. I must've just been talking to ppl with wax in their ears for it to have been so 'bad' 1st time round, and it was bad - had to repeat things I said 2-3 times. I tested it by calling my vmail at upto 70mph and it was OKish - not brilliant, swear that my nokia after sales kit in the last car was better.... we shall see

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72664

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back