Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 turbo

How much faster do you think the new 911 turbo is over the 996 i am considering buying a 996 turbo after driving a friend of mines the other day i love the boost you get from the turbo but i am wondering should i just order a 997 turbo what are your views

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63281

997 TT Tip. 0 - 62 mph 3.7 secs.

997 TT Man. 0 - 62mph 3.9 secs.

996 TT Man. 0 - 62mph 4.2 secs.

Road tests say 997 has superior handling and driving dynamics.

Your choice: spend £75K on a 996 TT with X50 power upgrade

or £99K + on a 997 TT.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63489

Forgot to say that I have cancelled my order for a 997 C4S and upgraded to a 997 TT order.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63491

what's the current lead time as I am aware of deliveries for June 2007 still attractions premiums over list !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63493

went to the launch last night.....

payed more attention to the pre production GT3 they had

4941d1f5.jpg

f97046ab.jpg

0d2cb60c.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63495

oh, heres one of the turbo....
1476191d.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63496

Bit of a price difference - seems to me the choice would be a 997 TT for £100k + for delivery next year sometime or a 996 TT that you can buy immediately for anywhere from £45k to £80k depending on age and spec...personally if money is no object a 997 is a no-brainer but if it is, then a 996 represents excellent value for money when you can get a good low mileage one for £60k with a full warranty

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63503

Hubba Bubba, how good does that turbo look. I must have one. Lead time of 12 months might given enough time to rob a few grannies or post offices and save some money!!!

Has anybody put in an order and been given a fixed lead time?

Nicola, bet you were in 7th heaven last night, am very jealous.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63519

It was bizarre at Canary Wharf two weeks ago (same turbo by the looks of it)...I was quoted spring 2007 and then Arv I think was quoted Q3 2007 two days later...to be honest I would have thought spring was optimistic anyway.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63528

If money isn't the issue, then everything about the 997 seems a major jump up from the 996 and it really does look a lot more special than the 996. I still smile when I think of the drive round Weisach in a 997C2S which I preferred to the 996 turbo. The 997 turbo wasn't on the menu but there were some on the track. Whether they feel as lively as the normally aspirated 997 remains to be seen but they looked awesome on the road.

997 turbo tip will be a brilliant supercar for everyday but IMHO, the 997S seems to do everything well, feels nimble and is a lot (relatively) cheaper.

If I could afford the plan and wanted a turbo, I'd look around for a good 996t or 996ts and wait until the 997 turbo appeared on the used market.

Or, spend the money for a 997t on buying used 996t + a 997C2S!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63552

There is certainly some points to think about the waiting list is a big downside as i am going to be looking soon and if had to wait i would have changed my mind about 30 times i dont realy want another 996 thinking about it as i already have one i think it might be a 997 c4s, Then saying that i test drove a bmw 650i convertible today and quite liked that so i just dont know my father always say i will never hang myselfe

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63582

Paid my deposit in January and have been quoted delivery in April '07. I was initially told Sept '06 but I think that was just the OPC dangling the carrot to get in the deposits.

Vince, I have already changed my mind about 30 times and that is just about the colour! Also, was tempted by a nice GT2 but then had to come back to work and it would have sat in my garage all summer.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63607

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by vincent white on 14 June 2006

i test drove a bmw 650i convertible today and quite liked that so i just dont know my father always say i will never hang myselfe
You might if you buy a 6 series BMW ....... :p

Not exactly in the same league as the 997 turbo is it? Not even in the same league as the Carrera S?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63614

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Tim Riseborough on 14 June 2006

It was bizarre at Canary Wharf two weeks ago (same turbo by the looks of it)...I was quoted spring 2007 and then Arv I think was quoted Q3 2007 two days later...to be honest I would have thought spring was optimistic anyway.
Yep Tim, defo looks like the same car from the motor expo, i think it was Q3 i was quoted, the dealer left me a voicemail 2 days back saying he hasnt heard from me, and to give him a call, i reckon a few slots might have come up early

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63616

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmacleod
Back