Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BOXSTER SOFT TOP

Richard Eff

Imola
Don't know the answer to the problem, but why are you shouting at us? Just because we drive 911s doesn't mean we're deaf. Except for the cab drivers of course. All deaf as posts due to turbulence caused by not having wind deflectors. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62589

The tension cable snapped on my boxster s 2000 model and i got it fixed at Europa in Sheffield(near queens road). They also had to replace the little electric motor as well the cost was about £500 in all but i guess it would be cheaper if you just have to get the cable replaced.

Phil

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64298

it is rare for the motor to be replaced the cables that operate the roof gearbox usually snap first causing the roof to fail and operate unevenly and the plastic balljoints on the levers to the gearboxes can pop out

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64311

Yeah I was told that when the cable snapped it had sheared some of the cogs within the motor and they had become miss alligned. The cost was covered by a waranty i had. I only had the car a few days before it broke. After that i have had no more problems.

Thanks for the info though.

Phil

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64343

Thanks. I've since had a second opinion and have been told that the tension cables don't need replacing and that is is just wear and tear as the roof as it 6 and a half years old.

Thanks Michelle

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64344

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back