Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Peeling radio buttons

Jay T

Barcelona
Does anyone know if it is possible to get replacement buttons for my cdr22 porsche radio. I'm getting some unsightly peeling around the edges of most of them.

Obviously a manufacturing issue, as I have heard a number of reports of this. Do think its covered by the Porsche warranty :p

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62022

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jay T on 05 June 2006

Anyone?
You shouldn't be using the radio anyway - the engine sounds great! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62141

Have you tried to find a Becker radio retail shop? (google)
Have you asked the Porsche dealer what the price of replacement buttons is? - if its a known problem lots of other people will have replaced them.
Try ebay.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62142

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stevo on 05 June 2006

Have you tried to find a Becker radio retail shop? (google)Have you asked the Porsche dealer what the price of replacement buttons is? - if its a known problem lots of other people will have replaced them.Try ebay.
Not a great deal of luck with the cdr22 on the web.

Ebay are fresh out, though it looks like I could easily get a code if I nicked one :wink:

I will mention this to my local OPC as I'm over there on Friday, I just like to be pre-informed as much as poss before talking to them about things that could empty my wallet.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62164

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 05 June 2006

Previous poster said:

Anyone?
I have to admit, since fitting the new eBay silencers I've hardly used the radio. esp. with the roof down :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62168

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 05 June 2006

Previous poster said:

Anyone?
I have to admit, since fitting the new eBay silencers I've hardly used the radio. esp. with the roof down :lol:
I am jealous! Haven't got the funds at the moment. :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62171

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back