Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

cup mirrors on 3.2 carrera

Paul Ridgley

Hy Guys... please help if you can.

I have just fitted a set of 964 cup mirrors to my 1985 3.2, and have become stuck on the wiring.... can any one help who`s been in this situation before??

The car has 7 wires going to the mirror:

brown + grey/green which is for the heated mirror glass

2 x blue.

1 x black.

2 x white.

On the mirror loom, coming out (twin motors)...it has: 1 x blue, 1 x black, 1 x red and 1 x white...

What am i supposed to do with these wires please...

The diagram i have for the car is telling me different colours, so is not helping at all.

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61256

There was an article in an old 911 &PW on this exact subject, haven't got time to dig it out though.

Personally not sure about cups on a 3.2, but then again the old elephant ears are terrible.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61260

My thoughts exactly.

I have a 85 supersport, as you can see in pic.

I`ve recently purchased original fuchs alloys, and oe stearing wheel, as it had cup alloys and a momo.

But i kept seeing cup mirrors around, and although putting it back to standard, i thought the mirrors would be a subtle touch......

She does look good.

I recently purchased a back catolouge of magazines, you couldnt give me a rough clue could you (please) of where the article may be.

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61314

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back