Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 rsr look a like play thing?

smtk

After looking at brayspeed video it got me thinking

How much would it cost to say find a G50 911, strip it out and replace all the boddy panels with GRP rsr ones, paint etc?

I figured 10k for the car, 2 grand for panels + fitting, grand for paint, lowered 400 quid, Stripping out done buy me. Sound about right?

hopefully left with a track day hoon about car like this?

rsrturbo13uv.jpg

The idea is to keep it as cheap and cheerful

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60683

Looks like fun, but having said that, by the time you sorted out engine and chassis to make it set up well for track, you must be looking at ??@ £20k, which you'll never get back when selling. Wouldn't it be better to spend a bit more and get a 964 RS or something similar?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60688

The idea was to try and get a classic RSR look for under 15k.

That i could just have some fun in, nothing over complex or difficult to work on keeping everything simple as possable. Therfore hopefully keeping headaches down :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60691

Arrrrg Ok some one please tell me these cars are a crappy to drive. Like wooden brakes, ropey gear box or fluffy steering. Because i cant get them out of my head!

dsc009948ug.jpg

rsrsmall4uw.jpg

Just out of interest how much would ruf charge for making one of these beauties? do they have a price list?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62542

Hubba hubba hubba

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62543

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back