Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo @ motorexpo

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Arv Mann on 24 May 2006

Just got back, what a beaut the turbo is lovely colour as well, cayman was also getting lots of attention, the boxster on the other hand was seriously unloved :wink:
I am quite surprised they have a 997 turbo as it isn't being officially launched until 24th/25th June

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60932

First one in the country to see apparently

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60943

and will become a demo for Porsche East London if what they tell me is true (so all booked in... :wink: )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60945

Yep it was in the Wharf Newspaper that its the first public view

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60948

Tim, i'm giving them a call now :)

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60949

Sorry should have said - demos will obviously only be allowed after launch next month..but good to get in early!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60956

Spoke to them, first slots available for the cars are now late 4th Q 2007 :eek:

Test drives available in late july but no guarantee as a BIG wait and people who put 10g deposits get first dibs so quite a wait in order as East London are so close to Canary wharf.

DAM

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60958

Good to know they are consistent :?
...I had spring 2007 quoted...unless they have taken a swathe of deposits in the last 48 hours!

I wasn't given a test drive date, only June onwards...so maybe try a more remote location outside the M25!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60960

Prob the best option,

He said he has one of the biggest allocations(20 this year) I think he was trying to create some hype as well

Wouldnt surprise me if there has been a stampede, the car looked AWESOME :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60962

Who do you work for guys?

I can think of at least one friend who has a deposit on the 997 turbo but has woken up to the money that the 996 has lost! Buy a 996T and wait would be my advice.

But I can tell you, the new T is very impressive although somehow more discrete. I suppose the 997 styling just makes it seem more compact although its actually monstrously wide across the rear arches. Look out Renault!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61026

Stampede?

Now I know I'm in the wrong job!

£100K - £120K guys. :eek:

Money well spent I say :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61027

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Anthony Corbett on 25 May 2006

Who do you work for guys?

I can think of at least one friend who has a deposit on the 997 turbo but has woken up to the money that the 996 has lost! Buy a 996T and wait would be my advice.

But I can tell you, the new T is very impressive although somehow more discrete. I suppose the 997 styling just makes it seem more compact although its actually monstrously wide across the rear arches. Look out Renault!

Rest assured I would only put a deposit down if I got carried away (it would not be remotely sensible)...my more sensible plan was to wait until Dec or Jan and buy a 996 Turbo (I still haven't had any turbo) when the prices have gone down further with a little knock-on effect of the new model being out for 6 months.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61029

Im thinking the same as Tim, next car will be a turbo and then when prices have softened and hype had died move on up, Not in a position to justify 100k at the moment, but i have a big birthday in 2 and a bit years so reckon thats what im aiming for at present

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61030

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahab
Back