Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does the 04 GT3 lower lip scrape?

Dr Raj Kohli

Hi all

Having a '04 GT3 front bumper with lip spoiler fitted next week. Am a little concerned that the lower lip may scrape against speed humps. Is that the case?

Would appreciate your advice

Thanks

:?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60063

Depends on the speed hump :)

A standard 996 rides higher than a GT3, but even with the GT3 there are only a couple of places I've found the front scrapes. In both cases it actually scraped on the road coming down from the hump. Don't worry about it as it shouldn't be an issue.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60064

also is the lip plastic or rubber ? makes a difference

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60066

If it's the lower lip then it's a strip of black rubbery stuff, but not sure it's rubber

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60072

I had to replace the front splitter, (Robs black rubbery thing)
wink.gif

they are designed to come off and scrape because it saves the bottom of the bumper. However i dont usually get problems with mine and the CS sits 10mm lower.

If you ever need to replace, use the PMS ( Porsche Motor Sport) item its a lot cheaper, and is supposed to work better!! jurys out on looks tho..

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60084

welcome aboard Dr Raj :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60095

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back