Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S in for major 4 yr Service

Actually the more I think about it the more similarities there appears to be between dentists & OPC's if the stories are to be believed.

Went to the dentist for the 1st time in many many years about 2 years back. Went a bit like a scene from Nip/Tuck "So what is it you don't like about your teeth?". So I told him. Anway after I'd come round from being told yep can sort that out for about 6-7k, I said so whats wrong what do I really need doing. Turns out only needed a good scrub from the hygenist for about 50 quid.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56605

These stories are worrying me !!

My babe is booked in for a 12,000 at Northway next week... Can't afford a massive bill at the moment... :eek:

I am having a 12,000 service and the 'clonking' noise from the front looked at !!

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56610

Nahh, don't worry Dan, you've got a 993! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56613

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 02 May 2006

Hmmm, just had a call to check if i had a warranty on the car....said they would call me back to discuss some items when i said i had...not sure if thats good or bad...
well someone has to pay for their bank holiday weekend :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56615

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by mark pearce on 02 May 2006

im mored scared of the dentist,

Isn't Robert Bill a dentist????? :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56616

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rodders on 02 May 2006

Previous poster said:

Nah, he looks far too nice to be a dentist. My sister is a dentist, beleive me, they have a certain scary look about them, you'd know when you see one! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56619

Can't face going to the dentist again after watching 'Marathon Man'.

Probably only slightly less painful than watching your pride & joy being fed to a crusher.

Is it safe?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56644

With the extra warranty work, my P&J will be spending the night in Chiswick...still no word on the investigation...hopefully I won't have to assume the position when I get the results tmrw...keep your fingers crossed for me chaps!

PS, i don't go to dentists, scary species... :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56646

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 02 May 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rodders on 02 May 2006

Previous poster said:

Nah, he looks far too nice to be a dentist. My sister is a dentist, beleive me, they have a certain scary look about them, you'd know when you see one! :D
LOL, guess your kids won't be able to pull sickies then, if daddy is a doctor and aunty is a dentist.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56648

bit peeved that they will replace your rads, and not mine,

keep me informed Heeron, and thanks for calling me this afternoon.

Anyone who can shed light on the inconsistencies in the way that OPC treat various probs, would be welcome to comment.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56653

Got the car back from WL OPC.

The investigation they carried out revealed the other radiator was leaking so they replaced that under warranty too.

Total warranty work:

• 2 new rads
  • new ignition coils.
Total cost of warranty work was around £800, so covers cost of warranty.

The service was as per the stated 48k programme and cost. I was advised of consumables (brakes etc) that were close to needing to be replaced, but no pressure when i declined to have the work done.

All in all, I'm happy to say it was a good experience. The service advisor was good and kept me informed, I did not have to ask to get this work done under warranty, they just did it. I know others have had problems with the warranty, but I am inclined to think this could be OPC dependant and from my experience WL would not scrimp with warranty work. :lol:

The cups of tea from the receptionist, drop/pick up from station, and wash & vacuum were just the icing on the cake. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57065

I had Chiswick do my only service & had no problems with them either. My experience in the past with dealers has always been to shop around until you find the one that works for you, then try to build a good relationship.

In my Merc days had real problems with the dealer I'd bought the car from so shifted around until I found a different branch of the same dealership & all of a sudden the service was on a different level. No problems with them ever courtesy cars always available, test drives no problem, small gremlins fixed on the spot without appointments & free of charge. Couldn't believe the difference.

I guess as with everything there's good un's & bad un's, problem with Porsche is there ain't too many out there to choose from & in some parts of the country you are stuffed with no real choice.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57084

Daz, how far into the valleys are you?

Could the Bristol OPC be an alternative? They have my car at the moment for some work and seem OK. It might be worth a second opinion.

I'll let you know how I get on with them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57092

Daz, sounds like the perfect excuse for you, drive in to london, drop your car off, check in to hotel, night on the tiles, late wake up, bit of shopping to keep wife and kids happy, pick up car and then a nice blast back home...? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57093

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back