Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brakes and RMS

Thanks for all your comments guys! Just a few more questions.....

Seagull,....When you had your RMS replaced on your Targa..did they do it completely FOC or did they charge you for labour,but not for parts? Did you get it done during it's annual service?

Sid....obviously with a bit of "inside knowledge" your comments are invaluable...THANK YOU! But please be careful that you dont get dropped in the "sh*t"....employers tend not too like their employees commenting to press or on websites. Good for you though that you have the "b*lls" to comment and tell us all how it really is ...be it failure of parts,shoddy workmanship or crap pay!

It would appear that with Porsche (like MANY major companies) the very good public perception of them(due to their name and history) far exceeds their performance! But that's an entirely different discussion!

Can't believe how much info Ive gained being a member of this forum!

Thanks guys!

Mike

'04 996 C4S tip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56851

you see there are not many good techs left in the network most of the good one`s have left years ago.i started at afn isleworth in 1988 and at chiswick only 2 tech`s are still there and 2 from afn chelsea as they merged the staff from those two branches in 1992.hatfield will get better hopefully i start back there on the the 8th of may .i moved to chiswick opc in august after the closure of porsche staples corner as it was nearer to me but i have been asked to come back to hatfield by the d.p. hatfield had got 5 very good techicians with whom i`ve worked with before at staples corner ,if anyone has any problems with their car they can ask for me at hatfield .one last thing there are alot of management bods from mercedes benz working within the opc`s they are trying to make things work like a merc dealership ?it will never happen

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57069

Sid, thanks for your comments. I had Michael L work on my car last 2 days, seems to have done a good enough job, but there's no real way for us punters to know is there really... :?

I echo what Rob said, hatfield is actually closer to me that WL, but i took out my extended warranty with WL due to Hatfield's bad rep and the fact nobody phoned me back after i left a message with their reception asking to renew it.

Does it matter that my warranty is with WL, if i want to service it at Hatfield? Would they be less inclined to do work under warranty and finally, do you know off hand if rads are covered at Hatfield??? I would sleep easier if i knew somebody such as yourself was looking after my car.

thanks again...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57072

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by mike creer on 03 May 2006

Thanks for all your comments guys! Just a few more questions.....

Seagull,....When you had your RMS replaced on your Targa..did they do it completely FOC or did they charge you for labour,but not for parts? Did you get it done during it's annual service?

Thanks guys!

Mike

'04 996 C4S tip
Mike. They picked up the whole bill. Parts about £50 + VAT, Labour about £600 + VAT

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57078

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 03 May 2006

Does it matter that my warranty is with WL, if i want to service it at Hatfield? Would they be less inclined to do work under warranty and finally, do you know off hand if rads are covered at Hatfield??? I would sleep easier if i knew somebody such as yourself was looking after my car.
Warranty is dealer independent. My car was warrantied with Reading, but Bristol were more than happy to honour it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57097

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back