Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Zymol Vintage

The Poet

Trainee
Guys

I've been pondering Zymoling the car for some time but baulking at the sheer cost of some of the more top end waxes - but if I'm going to spend 8-9 hours stroking my car I'm going to make sure it's one of the better ones for sure!

Anyway went surfing on ebay and found Vintage for £195. ok its only a 4oz tub and not 8oz but the cost of £195 vs £1600 I'm trying to find a down side.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Zymol-Vintage-Car-Detailing-Wax-Glaze-847-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ8058637089QQcategoryZ72201QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any advice would be welcome as often when it sounds to good to be true it often is

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56330

The tub in this ad was part of a "Sampler Kit" which cost £179 when it was available - which it no longer is - and included 4 oz each of Destiny, Atlantique and Vintage as well as some Clear, HD Cleanse and a microwipe and a detail brush in a nice little plastic carry case. The full size version of Vintage is expensive, yes, but it is refillable for life so it represents much better value for money. The vendor is "having a laugh" :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56332

Seagull, thanks for that - saved me an expensive mistake.

one asks why is the sampler kit still not available, I'd snap it up...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56333

I think it was too good value for money. I would have bought one of Phil's last kits if I hadn't bought a full size tub of Glasur a few weeks before he announced that they were being discontinued. It looks like the Canadian on ebay bought a few kits and is trying to maximise his profits.

I don't know what colour your car is Poet but I am more than happy with my Glasur and that's on a silver car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56335

Seagull,

mines an Atlas Grey (very dark grey, almost black) Targa (same year as yours).

Need to get it up to scratch - can't have you showing me up in case we bump into each other (not literally I hope)!!!

and yeah I think Glasur will be the one (although the carbon sampler looks a deal on the Vertar site)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56337

They're all good but Carbon is one of their Waxes whereas Glasur is a Glaze which has a higher concentration of Carnauba and you apply it by hand - very therapeutic - rather than using an applicator. You will use less of a glaze than a wax. A tub of Glasur will last about 3 or 4 years based on using it every 3 or 4 months. It isn't that expensive when you think of it that way, you just pay for a few years supply up front.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56338

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back