Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bird droppings

Ray

Monza
Morning all

A seagull made a large deposit on my roof yesterday, thankfully not the C4 but the BMW. I think it had been there for a couple of hours as it was really difficult to remove. I had to soak it with hot water to shift it.

It has left me with a stained area abot 75mm in diameter. I have tried Klay bar, HD clense and cleaner was, but can't shift the mark.

Any ideas.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55488

Seagull - what have you been doing oveer in Gloucester? :wink:

Ray - have you put a coat of wax back on yet - that darkens up the finish on mine?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55495

That's it, blame me. Did you actually see it happen, Ray. What happened to innocent until proved guilty. I've been wronged - there's never a copper about when you need one and hundreds when you go 71 mph on the motorway :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55498

Bird poo is lethal - no amount of wax protects against it and it eats into paint - there is no fix but a respray - I bought a car cover because of seagulls.
The only action you can take is to wash it off immediatly.

AND 2 HOURS IS TOO LATE!

They seem to prefer blue cars too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55505

Surely it can't eat into the paint that quick?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55508

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stevo on 26 April 2006

They seem to prefer blue cars too.
Hurra!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55509

their poo is full of Lime i think.very acidic - also if you ever get plaster dust on your car its the same - full of Lime.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55510

They can eat through it. AIO may sort it otherwise something with cut.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55519

Same thing happened to my blue BMW - now have stain on bonnet - so glad it wasn't the P car......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56028

Worth keeping a car cover, i have done so and avoided the soft landings on the motor. Especially useful for Overhead cables and trees where your local vermin may decide to lay on of their specials.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56121

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back