Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

my 3.2 carrera

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Nick Terello on 07 April 2006

Thanks Robert, was looking for over 8 months for something totaly original,I'm the third owner, even has the original Porsche tape deck with AM/FM radio.

Presently has 197,000kms and still goes like a rocket, its hard to contain myself some days, just hope I can hang onto my drivers license.

Nick,

Top car mate, I am not a HUGE fan of the whale tails and your car looks so smooth and clean.

Where abouts do you live in Sydney, its a great city! Too many camera's and traffic police - I got three speeding tickets in Sydney in a very short period of time!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52908

Servo,

I live in the inner city (Enmore) and yes I agree! there is a too many speed cameras. How's it like in Japan ?, I expect with all those super fast Skylines you guys would also have your fair share of speeding cameras?

I too prefer the smooth look of no whale tale, the fastest I've gone was 170kms on the freeway and was still very stable. What sort of machine do you have???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52910

G'Day Nick

Cool! Plenty of Skylines around but you see more Mitsubishi's and Subaru's. Not many camera's in Japan actually, you get the odd cop disguised in an old Camry or something but the traditional speed trap is the chosen method.

I drive a 997.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52912

Hi Servo,

Sounds like a cool ride, post us a photo when you get a chance.

Dont know how true this is, but I've been told in Japan you can only keep a car for 4 years, after that the Insurance/registration is so high, its not economical to hang on to. Also what would you pay for a late model Skyline GTR??? the Skyline is my second favorite car next to the Porsche.

Cheers

Nick T

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52916

Here you go!
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Front(7).JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52938

Coooool!!!

Love the wheels!

Are porsche cars very popular in Japan??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52943

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Nick Terello on 09 April 2006

Coooool!!!

Love the wheels!

Are porsche cars very popular in Japan??

he's owned them all, I kid you not....

sometime I think we need another sub-forum for Servo and his cars, past-present-future ! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52998

LOL Sundeep, if money was no object I would like about 10 Porsches in my garage : )

As far as popularity in Japan, Porsches are about the same price as the UK so they are cheap unlike the USA. They are popular but only sell 2900 or so a year. Before the Cayanne came out it was about 1800 - 1900 a year. I think Australia is 800 new cars a year - that's very impressive especially since the population of Greater Tokyo is the same as Australa!

Sundeep. any idea's on UK sales?

PS Sundeep my old man was here the other week and was very impressed with the 997 so much so he wants to get a 911. I convinced of getting a 993 Targa : ) When he gets it I will fly back to London - will have to have aloo gobi and roti together!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52999

Servo

Uk sale are just over 10,000 of which 3,800 are 911 and 3,600 are Boxster

ps, let me know when you are back in the UK and it will be rasmali and beers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53013

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back