Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Alarm keys don't work!!! Help

Lee Bollom

Been away with work all week (monday to friday night) and my key fobs don't open the doors or operate the alarm. I've changed the batteries. Basically the car isn't responding.

The red light on the dash is still flashing so it looks like the battery is still powering the car.

The fobs quickly flash the red light when I press them (is it supposed to quickly flash or should it be a constant red light?)

I need help fast, don't want to unlock the car using the keys because I don't know how to stop the siren?

How do I stop the siren?

Where's the battery?

Please help fast, need to move the car tomorrow morning (saturday 10am).

thanks in advance

Lee

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50795

Not sure if it helps but I had similar problem with our BMW, the key fob just got out of sync with the car. All we did was just open the door with key, put key in ignition and it all resets itself. Not sure if your alarm would do the same. Are you sure the key fob battery's not flat? Best to try it before it gets too late, worse come to the worse you open the car, alarm goes off, close the door, alarm stops after a while.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50797

that helps a bit, but yes have changed the batteries tonight as I said above.

please please, need more help....

any 996 owners

Do the red lights on the key fobs flash quick when u press them or do they have a constant red light?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50798

Lee your car has gone into hibernate. I think it does this after three or four days. You need to use the key to get in the door then start the car imediately.

Basicaly it has shut down a lot of systems to conserve battery power.

It's perfectly normal!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50800

As above mate my car does this all the time, just get your key turned in the ignition within 15secs.

No worrys.

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50823

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 911Silverback on 25 March 2006

As above mate my car does this all the time, just get your key turned in the ignition within 15secs.

No worrys.

...rob
Don't even need to put the key in the ignition the alarm will start to sound but the key remote will turn it off. No probs. Happens to me all the time.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50824

yey!! it worked!!

thanks everyone!! phew! thought i was going to end up with another bill :D

drinks all round.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50828

Only happy to help and more than happy to collect on that drink :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50861

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211