Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Annoying rattle on 996

Barrie

Hi - my C4 996 (Nov 1999) has developed an annoying rattle (no, not the wife) from somewhere close to the top of the front dash area.

Anyone else had this and if so, how did you get rid? It's driving me bonkers!!!

Cheers

Barrie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49782

Does it appear to be comming from the vents? My air con seems to make some odd noises at times.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49783

- I think it's higher than the vents - will try turning off AC and closing vents ...

Chrs

Barrie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49784

i've just noticed a slight sqeek coming from the rear (i've checked and its definately the car and not my bum), got to check it out soon.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49789

no Lee, it probably is your a*se ...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49791

Hi I have the same car with the same problem there is an actuator behind the top left hand side of the dash in the heater matrix if you turn off the air con and set it to manual the noise stops, it’s not the fan it’s this actuator that is noisy and keeps moving.

Dose any one know how to replace it as it looks a cow of a job.

Darren

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50309

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back