Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster roof faliure

Ross Jeffries

hi everyone

i am having a problem with the roof of my car after using it with the roof down

what is happening is nothing i press the button and nothing happens been through the usual checked the handbrake is pulled up etc but i get nothing the only thing i can think that can cause this was i hit the bottom of the car on a mini roundabout but seeing as the car let the roof go down i cant see that being the fault can anyone advise on possible solutions i checked the fuse ( all of them actually as i have no fuse diagram) but im out of ideas all help greatly appreciated

Regards

Ross

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49746

Ross, I had the same problem in a 2004 Boxster. For some reason it would go back up. I ended up parking it in the garage for several hours and trying again - it worked OK. But, I never figured out why. The only thing I can think of was the car was extremely hot - the engine was very hot that is and maybe the mechanism didn't like the heat too much. It happened about 4 times while I had the car and each time, I just parked it, waited a few hours and it closed up OK...... Not being much help I know.....but try again later and see what happens. OR take it to your OPC..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49768

Hey Ross. I had an issue on my 911 where the handbrake was not being registered as engaged, even when fully pulled up. Faulty microswitch on handbrake apparently. This of course prevented any sort of roof operation.

Is the handbrake "engaged" light coming on on the dash when you pull the handbrake on?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49781

hi

thanks for all your went out this morning and it was working fine still don't know what caused it

regards

ross

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49827

Exactely the same thing happened with me. Problem went away.

If it happens again, check the handbrake issue as above.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49842

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back