Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

porsche prince car/baby seat wanted

walt mcdermott

Silverstone
Anyone selling thier Porsche Prince car seat ???? drop me a line, cash waiting.. also could do with the seatbelt extensions for the rear lap belts as i want to put it in the back of my 993 cab.

Regards Walt

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47553

Head on down to Mercedes, theirs is exactly the same cost £90! Its called a something prince!

One of the other main manufacturers sells them too.

Mark.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47554

Contact these guys - they are professionals who will supply (and fit) the necessary equipment to transport your little angel around :)

http://www.quickfitsbs.co.uk/default.asp

Pic of my set up thanks to these guys:

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/P1230115.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47555

thanks for that info was just on to quickfit bs they recomended the mothercare securio seat with thier seatbelt kit, but said the kit means drilling through out from the inside of the rear arches through the outer rear arches and using a fixing plate fixed on the outer rear arches under the clear mask, they can post me a kit for £48.50 + vat + carriage, i cringe a bit at having to drill through the arches on my 993 has anyone used this kit and how does it look when the jobs complete can it be noticed.

regards walt993c2 cab

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47565

Is that because yours is a cab? No drilling done on the coupe.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47567

There is a s/h Prince for sale in the Porsche Club mag- PM me and I'll look up the number for you.

I did also see a Prince at a Mazda dealer which looked exactly the same... Made by an outfit called Romer (which make the Porsche Prince funnily enough...) who are now part of Britax.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47580

My Merc one is a Romer Prince.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47581

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 993_2S on 02 March 2006

Contact these guys - they are professionals who will supply (and fit) the necessary equipment to transport your little angel around :)

http://www.quickfitsbs.co.uk/default.asp
So what did they do and what seat have you got in there?

The prince thing is ok, but don't feel it is ideal. Can you have your seat fully back?

Mark.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47582

Are you guys sure the Prince will fit in the back of a 993 cab? I know from when I was looking the Prince needs a extended belt (available from OPCs) - but will this belt fit/work in a cab? Does the cab have 3 point inertia belts like the coupe??

Just dug out the info from quickfit. The seat is a Mamas & Papas Sicuro with an extended static belt made by quickfit. You can just make out the install in the picture - it replaces the inertia belt located behind the rear seat, runs through the seat and secures to the anchor point on the other side of the centre tunnel. The whole system is very secure indeed - if you pull on the seat it doesn't move at all.

Child is secured by the seats own harness. My daughter seems to like it :)

Seat can move full back, but the child will end up kicking the back of the seat :evil:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47584

My child doesn't do the kicking YET but others do :evil:
Hopefully he won't learn this joyfull trait.

My 3.2 has 993 lap belts in the back and these are fine for the prince. At the time we couldn't find anything else that would fit, i wonder if Sicuro will.

He tends to get thrown around a bit in the prince, even worse if he is asleep and then I have to calm down etc...

Mark.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47586

Mark, the Sicuro will fit but you'll need the belt from quickfit (circa £50). Worth calling them to check I guess.

Luckily my girl doesn't kick that much - mind that leather!!

Lovely car BTW - looks stunning 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47588

Cheers!

Will look into it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47590

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emb01
Back