Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Panamera

Parts

Banned
Just seen these pictures - hadn't seen it before! And not sure about it now I have!

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/panamera1(1).JPG

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/panamera.JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46939

Dunnoe if you see that as good or bad Daz, but if the impressions are real & not just someones photoshop special, I like it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46949

I think it's growing on me - I'm assuming it's going to be rear engined - the article suggested it would have the 450 bhp cayenne engine. :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46950

If the 911 didnt exist then I would say would a great looking car, cos it is.

Unfortunatelly the 911 does exist, and this is car is possibly dilluting the look still further, you have the boxster/cayman/911/Panamera all so similar.

Possibly the 911 is going to become a bit samey?

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46954

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 26 February 2006

If the 911 didnt exist then I would say would a great looking car, cos it is.

Unfortunatelly the 911 does exist, and this is car is possibly dilluting the look still further, you have the boxster/cayman/911/Panamera all so similar.

Possibly the 911 is going to become a bit samey?

Daz

Porsche have a winning formula with the 911 - I don't blame them for re-working the principle. Not sure how it will stack up against the Astons and BMWs. I wonder which market they are trying to hit?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46959

Everyone bar the budget by the look of it,

daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46962

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Fellows on 26 February 2006
I think it's growing on me - I'm assuming it's going to be rear engined - the article suggested it would have the 450 bhp cayenne engine. :twisted:

Suspect rear engine won't work...will need to be front I think..and the V8 makes good sense..no doubt in an S version (non turbo), Turbo & Turbo S....with 4WD as standard in all versions, prices around 10% higher than a Cayenne. Just a guess :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46971

Icant explain this but some things just look right 993 tt 993s etc . Cars come and go but when i am in traffic and i see a 993 evan a crap one Ialways take a second or third look. Like Nissan 350z but they are just not the same

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47007

FWIY I like it - do we think the 'suicide' rear door arrangement a-la RX8 on the silver car preferable to the 'normal' red car design..??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47016

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by pee cee on 26 February 2006

Icant explain this but some things just look right 993 tt 993s etc . Cars come and go but when i am in traffic and i see a 993 evan a crap one Ialways take a second or third look. Like Nissan 350z but they are just not the same
Nissan 350z are definately not the same - I had one and it was a dreadful experience!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47019

Just noticed the silver one has suicide doors like the Phantom. I still want a 996 4s though. :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47038

Website info:

Due out in 2008, the Panamera has been conceived as successor to the 928. Designed with space for four adults, it is also tipped to come clothed in a four-door body in a move that will pitch it into direct competition with cars like the Mercedes-Benz CLS and Maserati Quattroporte.

Secrecy surrounds the mechanical basis for the new car, though the Stuttgart rumor mill suggests Porsche chairman Wendelin Wiedeking has forged links with Volkswagen on a new rear-wheel-drive platform program in a move similar to that undertaken with the Cayenne and Touareg. Volkswagen chairman Bernd Pischetsrieder is interested in adding a new rear-wheel-drive model to the Volkswagen lineup between the Passat and Phaeton, and after the recent breakdown in talks with Maserati, it seems additional cooperation with Porsche may be in the cards.

Power for the new car is set to come from the same 4.5-liter V8 engines as those offered on the Cayenne. They include a naturally aspirated version with 340 hp and a turbo-charged unit with 450 hp. An even more powerful model with more than 500 hp is also in the pipeline. Up to 20,000 examples of the Panamera are expected to roll annually from Porsche's Leipzig factory in Germany, where it will be produced alongside the Cayenne.

With the Panamera, Porsche will use technique elements of both the Cayenne and Carrera GT. Standard motorization will be a 4,5 liter V8 engine with 340 (normal aspired) and 450 HP (turbo) is planned. The top model is to be equipped with a V10, based on the Carrera GT engine, which will produce an output of over 600 HP.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47043

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back