Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 cab roof problem. please help

walt mcdermott

Silverstone
can someone give me some advice on my 993 cab roof problem,

bought the car recently and since day 3 of ownership there has been a problem with the roof in that it only closes 9/10 of the way shut and does not complete the final lock in place motion,however i noticed applying a little pressure on the roof with my hand and after a couple of attempts it would lock in place so i thought ok perhaps its some type of adjustment needing done and thought as it needs to go to my local OPC for a recall on the hood motors hopefully when they do this job they would also make any neccesary adjustments to ensure it closes as it should.

however today i closed the roof via my full closure alarm the roof went 9/10 of the way to closing and stopped as it has been just before locking in place, however now it wont close or open,when i press the swich on the centre consul to open and close i can here a click but the roof wont open or close, also the red warning light in the clock for the roof is not lighting up and has not done since 2 days after i bought the car.

i am aware i can lower and lock the roof manually via unloostening nuts and using screwdrivers after reading the drivers manual,although to avoid the hasstle of that could it possibly be a fuse? if so where is the fuse for the electric roof?,can anyone shed any light on this clicking sound coming from the roof when i press the rocker switch to close?also theres no clicking noise at all when i press the switch to open.And is no red warning light for the roof(the one in the clock) likely to be just a bulb out or something else?

Any advise appreciated as at the mo the cars in my garage with the hood not closed properly so i cant drive it anywhere

regards Walt 993 cab

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45321

Walt,

I would be interested in the solution to your problem as I have an identical problem on my 87 cab, I know the 964 roof set up was more or less the same as my carrera not so sure about the 993, there is an electronic control module which operates the various micro switches (mine is located in the passenger footwell) with which you can overide the microswithes and lock the roof in place as a drastic measure to get the roof shut. however I think it has a lot to do with the adjustment of the roof operating the 2 microswitches when the pins lock into the frame. I havent taken the time to fiddle about with it. like you it sometimes takes 2 or three closure attempts to get the roof to lock in.

if you find a solution stick it in the post summer will soon be here!

cheers

Gary

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45331

i had this,

took the car to a hood company, they had it for 3 days and f**ked it right up, then took it to my opc and they fixed it in an afternoon and it cost me £60!, it had just gone out of line with a couple of microswitches

no problem since

sam

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45339

I had a similar problem with my 993 cab. The OPC diagnosed it as the roof control module and relieved me of several hundred pounds to replace it.

To be fair the AA chap (who came to save me driving from Manchester to London with one hand holding the roof down) checked all the fuses and relays and it had been playing-up intermittently for a while beforehand.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45341

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back