Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where is the exhaust tip clip?

Tiptronic

Banned
The tip of my exhuat is rattling on the driver side,

I havent been under there yet, however I assume there is a clip that can be tightened.

The rattle goes when it is hot, so I assume the expansion takes away the play.

Does anyone have a haynes manual picture of the exhaust system, so I can gen myself up before attempting the repair, or do any of you know where the clip is.

I had a quick look and feel, however couldnt find it.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45068

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 07 February 2006

I had a quick look and feel, however couldnt find it.Daz.
I know the feeling!!

Sorry-couldnt resist

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45072

Daz - dont know if it applies to your car, but in evo this month they mention that Porsche is recalling some cars due to faulty welding on exhausts, might be worth checking it out? apparantly the tailpipes can fall off.......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45073

I wonder if they cover that under warranty?! :evil:

"sorry Sir, the weld has worn away, and unfortunatley wear and tear is not covered...."

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45076

if the car is in manafacturers warranty it will be covered - daz, i can almost guarantee that the bracket has snapped - how old is your car?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45078

Car is almost 3 years old, and under extended wtty,

Is not a matter of just tightening a clip?

Rattle goes away, if I either put my foot on the tip or the exhaust warms up,

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45079

you could try - there is a 15mm (i think) nut in a cut out on the underside of the tail pipe trim

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45081

Thanks, I will have a look tonight,

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45083

Daz 911 doctor is correct.

There is a square headed bolt that sits in a seating inside the tip of the exhaust about 2/3 inches in, tighten up from underneath on the bolt its a really easy job to do.

But why not take both tails off as i did at the weekend only takes 10 mins and give em a real good clean leave em in a small bucket/container of coke it worked for me... :D
However i seem to remember your tails are in pretty crisp shape so not sure if it would be really worth it...

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45119

Tightend that bolt up last night as much as I possibly can and the rattle remains.

I cant see any broken brackets etc, however when I tap the tip with my hand I get a metalic rattle.

If I hold my hand tight over the tip and then bang the exhaust then no noise.

I will probably take it to the OPC to have a look.

The recall on 4S exhausts apparentley only applies to 04 cars and on, and mine is an 03.

Could also effect these cars also though I guess.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45253

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back