Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tiptronic Transplant

Ross Jeffries

hi,

i have a porsche boxster 2.5 and wanted to know if i decided in the future that i want tiptronic can my car be converted to it and whats involved

regards

Ross

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44918

What would be the point? Tips are not exactly rare.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44920

ive put alot of time and love into it don't want to swap it

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44923

Welcome to the site ross,

Dont think it would be a very easy job, I bet it can be done, but you would need the gearbox a tourque converter, new housing, loom etc etc, bloody nightmare and hugely expensive, waste of time I would imagine.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44926

IMHO the sum of the parts would be way more than what the car would be worth. New box & mounts, wiring, steering wheel, gear selecter, possibly computer (or mods) Gotta be at least £10k less what you could get for the bits.

I think the only option would be to flog it and buy one with tip already fitted.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44927

Unless you are planning on keeping it forever, also think about the resale value. How many people are going to look at a conversion like this?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44956

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back