Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sim card tray doesn't lock

obzi

The telephone Sim card tray is out and will not lock back into it's slot.

If i pull it fully out gently there is a click but still doesn't lock in. I have tried it with a sim card in and out but no luck.

It's a 2 1/2hr round trip to OPC so would consider paying independant if cheap enough to sort it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44330

It's under Porsche extended warranty but if i had to leave the car it would mean 2 vehicles, petrol or hanging around for ages.

If it was going cost upto £30 if would probably be better and easier for me to go local. Just wondered if anyone had the problem and wether it was a dash out repair or quick fix.

Thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44361

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by obzi on 30 January 2006
It's under Porsche extended warranty but if i had to leave the car it would mean 2 vehicles, petrol or hanging around for ages.
If it was going cost upto £30 if would probably be better and easier for me to go local. Just wondered if anyone had the problem and wether it was a dash out repair or quick fix.
Thanks.

Bad news, PCM unit not covered under extended wtty, one of the few things, other than brakes, clutch etc.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Daz. :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44374

you would be talking alot of money to repair that i have had a go at 1 and it took in the region of 4 hours plus curing time for the glue....!!!

porsche would just replace the unit if it was faulty ......but not hte sim card draw....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44879

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back