Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best tyres 993C4S/Turbo? recreational use

Matthew Clunk

Trainee
I need to replace the tyres on my recently acquired '97 C4S (225 fronts, 285 rears like the turbo). Shod with Conti Contacts presently (I can't judge these fairly as they were shot when I bought the car), but fancy a set of PZeros. I've not heard much about the Michelin option - but I was wondering if anyone can advise on the best tyre for occational (weekend) road use - fine weather (but being able to handle the wet reasonably if I get caught out in a shower). ie this car is not a daily 'commuter' so I'm NOT too worried about a tyre being a good all-rounder for winter use etc. as the car will have predominantly dry/summer road use.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43936

I've just re-shod mine with PZeros and find them perfect for the car. I've had a couple of tail out moments, but they have been gradual break aways rather than a snap which I found with the Conti's (but this could be my erractic and inconsistent technique!)

Not much help I'm sure, but I really can't fault the Pirelli's.

Don.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43957

For recreational use - as in garden swings and for kids to roll down the street to see if they can hit parked cars, I would also recommend Pirelli P-zero cause they have that sexy RED marking on the sidewall. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43962

Bridgestone S02s are worth considering too and seem to get very good reviews. I don't know if you look at the Porsche Club GB forum, but I've posted a similar question there as my car needs some new boots.

http://www.porscheclubgbforum.com/tm.asp?m=172418

But, 'tis true, Pzeros do have the little red label on!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43985

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robert Bill on 25 January 2006

Bridgestone S02s are worth considering too and seem to get very good reviews. I don't know if you look at the Porsche Club GB forum, but I've posted a similar question there as my car needs some new boots.
could have asked here ! :twisted:

to add to the discussion, wear ratings should also be considered

Conti's are normally the hardest, thus last forever

whereas the Bridgestone are the softest, so have an average life

Michelin, Pirelli, etc are all in between...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43986

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 25 January 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robert Bill on 25 January 2006

could have asked here ! :twisted:
I'm trying to get my £50 worth from the membership!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43988

I have pirelli asimetricos, big grip in the dry, have to be a bit careful in the wet unless you like all that.

Make sure you get latest n (4?) rating as i think they have almost stopped producing 3`s and i`m not sure on mixing them together but i`m sure someone knows

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44013

Thanks - what of the PZero Neros though? - they are the only ones I can seem to get supplied this week - how do they compare with Asims?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44085

Thanks - went for 4x PZero N4 Asimetricos - just a set of new brake discs and pads to source now for the C4S and she's all set for the spring.

Thanks for all your input

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44601

Good choice. I'd be interested to see where you get the discs from as I presume they'd be the same as mine. Perhaps you might post when you do?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44609

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back