Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 ecu remap

DB500

Trainee
Im seriously considering doing an ecu remap on my C4 this year....does it actually transform the car or just give it an edge? Ive already done the RSRs flwheel etc...

does this help with the LWF lumpy idle etc? Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42984

Pre-varios see more of an increase than varios. Torque is the focus... you can get strong 275lb/ft numbers on a chipped 993. Sometimes better fuel econ as well. Although more expensive, those new heads from 9M look very tasty...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42993

Thanks for that OC...mine is a pre vario with sub 60k miles....but what I really want to know is will I get in and go WOW.

I used to smoke an Audi S3 which I had chipped and the transformation was awesome over standard.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42995

You will not get the WOW that you had on the audi. Turbo cars get huge power gains as they boost the PSI the turbo runs at.

One chip in a Subaru for examplw can add 200BHP!!!! (It will blow up shortly after mind unless engine mods are done but you get my drift.)

Never re-mapped a normally aspirated car so I have no experience but people say they get smoother acceleration, better fuel economy and better low down grunt-but not the instant welly you are referring to.

Hope that helps

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42996

car is pretty much sorted out the box unlike normal cars, so it be add a bit more which makes for better driving...... but not huge amounts from a standard remap... works well with a sports exhaust and sports air filer

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43020

I had a remap done on my last 993 which was pre-varioram and would recommend it. The car just felt better across the range and also acceleration was a lot better.

I ended up with a 30bhp increase. Just remember to get the original chip done 'on the fly' and not buy a chip to plug in.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43048

i previously had my Corrado VR6 chipped by AMD(prior to getting it re-chipped for my variable manifold) and although not a massive increase in either power or torque it was a lot more sharper and pulled harder to the redline

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43065

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back