Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TYRES FOR 993..ANY PREFS?

Sundeep, I disagree the Conti SC2s are a hard compound. I have them on my Merc daily driver and they last about 6k miles less than the equivalent Michelins. A good mate of mine is a techie at Porsche Reading and he was telling me that alot of 997 owners are complaining the Conti SC2s don't last very long - they advise switching to Michelins.

I'm running Assim's on mine at the moment and I'm not impressed, especially in the wet. I'll be going for Contis next as they've impressed me on the Merc.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94792

May of opened up a can of worms.............. :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94793

Found my Bridgestone SO2-A very good but just did not last as long and my Conti's on my old C4 !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94794

you should know my typing skills by now ! they are P-Zero's, got my Nero's mixed with my Zero's anyway there is only 1 Pirelli choice that is current and N3 porsche rated for the 17's wheel of the 993, which is the P-Zero, as per the link post...

as for Conti's they are the hardest compound, although alignemnt or bad alignment can have a factor, however for purposes of testing and science based on the wear rating of 280, verses 220 for Michelin PS N2 and Pirelli P-Zero N3 they are still the hardest tyre compound in the Porsche N rated section.....

as for other non-porsche tyres, remember tyre ranges offered can be very varied so you may actually have a different spec of Conti to Michelin on your merc.... and again different tyres all perform differently on different cars and per different tyres sizes, i.e. Michelin Energy tyre has a wear rating of 400 buut the Michelin Pilot Cup has a wear rating of only 60......

so the above is based on the tyre size for the 17's spec wheels on the 993... although ganster boy Dan's driving style is a whole other factor...

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94797

Good points well made Sundeep. I stand corrected mate.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94800

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 28 November 2006

so the above is based on the tyre size for the 17's spec wheels on the 993... although ganster boy Dan's driving style is a whole other factor...

regards
You do have put your foot down following a drive by................ :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94816

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back