Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Driven a Cayman?

i dunno Rob i quite like its butt.............the front is too Boxster looking(funnily enough :D ) its butt is quite curvaceous(sp?) IMO and gives it a bit of retroness.tho looks a bit like the crossfires butt :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41972

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Roddy Kennedy on 06 January 2006
i dunno Rob i quite like its butt.............the front is too Boxster looking(funnily enough :D ) its butt is quite curvaceous(sp?) IMO and gives it a bit of retroness.tho looks a bit like the crossfires butt :oops:
Oh dear Oh dear a Porsche that looks like a Chrysler.....nothing for it but to get one out for a test drive....to be honest I felt it's butt was just not big enough for the rest of the car....for example Kylie's butt is a great butt wouldn't be nice on say Jordan....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41976

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Roddy Kennedy on 06 January 2006

I wouldn;t have compared it to a crossfire - it's much lower. But I know what you mean about the retro look though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41992

So basically only one person from here has driven one!

I somehow expected more. :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41995

postamble();

Why buy a Cayman? (unless you just want either a brand new/latest Porsche) Its only got 2 seats (so why not get a 3.2 Boxster with the HUGE advantage that the roof folds

Or get the real deal, a 911 with all the heritage etc that goes with it, the performance etc AND you get 2 extra seats.

(Plus nobody will ever come upto you as a Cayman owner and remind you of what Clarkson renamed it as on Top Gear i.e. the Cockster!!)

Marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42008

I've said it before, if I had Cayman money I'd get a late 996 or stretch to early 997.

Can't understand why the tin top costs substantially more than the soft top, very strange.

Much prefer to have the joys of open top motoring. If I wanted a steel roof I might as well have the extra seats and the 911 heritage.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42016

I'm waiting for the ruf version then your see why you should buy a cayman :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42017

Cayman is getting a lot of stick from people who haven't driven one just 'cos its not a 911.

I drove one shortly after launch (end of nov?) on the glasgow dealers test route which I know pretty well - weather was cold and roads v. slippy and found it to be a great drive. Similar dimensions and soundtrack to my 993 and sharper handling (PASM etc.). Grip on slippy roads was great and chassis quite exploitable. I'd have been cacking it if i'd driven my 993 c4 at similar speeds in those conditions.

It is too expensive and it does look a bit odd at the back (lot better in the flesh tho.) and its not a 911 but at the end of the day its not pretending to be and its a sh*t hot drive and nothing like a boxster. BTW i've driven a good few 996's and always gone back to my 993 happy but i'm considering a cayman.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42020

I find it interesting that you say that it is nothing like a Boxster. OK I have never driven a Caymen but surely it is a Box with a little more power and more rigidity due to the roof.

The Box chassis is pretty stiff and tight for a soft top so I can't see why the Caymen would be much different.

Maybe I should get down the OPC for a test drive :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42042

The Boxster is set up softer by Porsche to stop scuttle shake and chassis flex (I have heard of mod’d and tracked boxsters that have cracked the chassis)

The Cayman doesn’t need that

It costs more because Porsche want it too

I want one but I’m not daft enough to spend that kind of money. Maybe on a RUF one but would probably cost the same as a Gallardo.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42047

Need to wait until have driven one, but I am already considering getting a Cayman for everyday driving and keeping the 911 cab for the summertime/weekend.

Ah, a collection of porsches - a childhood dream....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42079

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back