Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Baby seat and pram for 997

Ken Graves

Hi

I have a 997 on order for March 2006. I have a little baby girl who will be 8 months in March 2006. I know its a long shot but does anyone know......

1. of a baby car seat design that fits in the back seat of the 997?

2. of a pram that can also fit in the back or front storage area (under bonnet )(!)Yours hopefully

Ken Graves

ps porsche do a pram but its £500+ which seems a little excessive!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38235

Hi Ken

You have a few options with a child seat. Porsche seat is best for kids 9m plus. Fits into the back. Pre 9m & a whole different ball game. These seats I found are the problem, with front air bags and deactivators!!! I just gave up and used my wife’s car. Loads of treads on this one

I found that the Quinny Buzz fits into my 993 no probs. I look high and low- tried loads of prams!!! The wheels come off & the frame is small, light and looks really cool. Costs around £300 with all the fittings. (Wife went mad when I first bought it- but it’s got a hydraulic piston thing going on- really handy if your holding your kid and putting the thing together. She loves it now). You can also get a smaller option, the Quinny Zapp. Really handy if you travel a lot. See link below.

www.twoleftfeet.co.uk/Two_Left_Feet_Quinny_1117.html

Hope this helps & good luck with the 997.

Sean

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38357

We have a 996. A cheap mclaren buggy fits behind the rear seats. Just about all rear facing seats fit on rear seats but the front seat does need to be a long way forward. 997 has a bit more space in rear so you should be OK.

When 9m old get either (1) Porsche seat; or (2) the new seat fromMamma & Papa's (can't remember the name). Second choice is prob the best but wasn't available so we got the Porsche seat.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38391

Thanks very much guys. - I'll buy for 9 mnths old. I shall go check out your suggestions. However, I've been to porsche tequipment and they only seem to offer front-seat baby seats. Is this something that I must buy abroad?

Ken

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38616

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Ken Graves on 23 November 2005

However, I've been to porsche tequipment and they only seem to offer front-seat baby seats. Is this something that I must buy abroad?
No I bought mine from my local OPC in London. I got the pre-ISOFIX one cos the ISOFIX model is fiendishly expensive. It fits in front (with air-bag de-activation) and in rear.

For up to 9 months just get any rear facing seat & you'll be OK

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38694

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back