Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Should i Buy 997 Sports Exhaust?

jadcoz

sorry peopel im sure this has been mentioned before many times but i have just bought my dream car 997 Carrera S 2005 and can just about count the time ive not been in the car lol

my question is does anyone here have the sports exhaust fitted and is it worth it ? was considering it but then porsche tell me there is apparently no BHP increase (must admit they werent clear on this tho)

basicaly can somebody please tell me if its worth 2k to make it sound better - im itching for a yes because i can imagine it will sound fab but need your honest comments please !

still even now 3 weeks into ownership find myself looking for traffic jams so i can sit and smile inwardly at what an awesome car this is by all the stares and also all the smiles that i never realised it would bring , cant actually believe my dream has arrived - worked my ass off for this and to see it on my drive is something of a surreal experience !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36203

£2K for a better sound? No way!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36205

thanks maxy but do u know of any good company who would do an exhaust thats poer increase as well without it being a boy racer jobby :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36207

I have a porsche sports exhaust on my 996 and I have to say that it is probably the best option I have on my car! I spec'd the car with it so can't remember how much it cost but i'm pretty sure it didn't cost anywhere near 2k.

It is just for sound but it would bring you even more pleasure sitting in those traffic jams watching everyones head turn as you edge forward :twisted:

If you want a 'proper' exhaust just turn to one of the porsche mags. You've got Gemballa, 9ff and milltek sport to name but a few!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36211

thank u so much for your help

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36214

If you want the sound increase without jeopardising your warranty, you've got no option but to go for the Tequipment one. There was a thread recently where someone (it may have been Mark Pearce) was saying that they void the warranty for anything an unofficial part is fitted to and in the case of an exhaust, this could mean the engine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36219

I might get a PSE for my 997 - my dealer is going to organise a listening or 'recital' as I would call it of the Porsche Sports Exhaust before he gets my readies! Not for another 3 weeks or so - I am travelling about at the mo

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36253

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by TyUk on 24 October 2005

I spec'd the car with it so can't remember how much it cost but i'm pretty sure it didn't cost anywhere near 2k.

Absolutely right If you 'specced' it on a new build, it was probably about 1k. The problem with us retro fitting it is the time it takes to do the wiring. Lots of hours/labour and VAT on the top. Same with the telephone module on the PCM. It was about 300 squid in the goodies catalogue or 900 quid to retro fit

!!! :eek:

Now let me see, sports exhaust or phone module :?

I'm sorry, you're breaking up...... I'll have to call you back :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36257

lol hendo

u just cost me 2k

thanks a bunch lol

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36329

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Servo Sarai on 24 October 2005

I might get a PSE for my 997 - my dealer is going to organise a listening or 'recital' as I would call it of the Porsche Sports Exhaust before he gets my readies! Not for another 3 weeks or so - I am travelling about at the mo
can u send me a quick email when you have that recital servo and let me know what you thought?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36330

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back