Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

More water problems........

Hi

I am looking for a bit of practical advice.

I discovered water in the rear passenger footwell of my 993 Targa this afternoon. I had the same problem a few years ago and it was fixed by W London OPC. I think it was blocked roof drainage holes, which were cleaned out and the problem went.

However this time I also found water under the leather of the rear left bucket seat, which is new.....

There is no water on the drivers side.

I imagine it is the roof drains - presumably only on the passenger side only - again. I normally have the car under a cover and had just taken the cover off before the recent heavy rain.

I was wondering where the roof drains are located on a 993 Targa (they are certainly not obviously visible) and how do you clean them out? Is this a relative simple job or should I go back to the local OPC??

Thanks in advance - all advice gratefully received.

Jeremy (Targa #17 I think!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36047

Jeremy

Had exactly the same problem with my targa - wet passengers footwell. The culprit was the join between the seal that runs across the front of the wind deflector/top of windscreen and the roof side seal. There was a tiny gap and water was entering here and running down the internal roof rail to enter the rear passenger footwell. Problem was rectified under warranty and involved 'plugging' the gap with some sort of liquid rubber product that sets when cold. Haven't had any problems since.

Hope this helps.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36371

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back