Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Need advice on buying used 911 C4s

ian woodward

Hi to all members, im a new member and a relative novice to the whole porsche game.

Fortunately im now able to think seriously about buying a porsche and know what i like,trouble is thats about as far as my knowledge go's. The car I want is the 911 C4s but I have a whole lot of questions I would like answering .Hopefully you guys that know what your on about can help me out.Let me begin

What is the porsche cdr23 radio?and is it standard? What does the onboard computer do? Im prepared to pay up to 50k but can I barter with dealership or is it frowned upon? Does porsche sound package mean Bose? What would be an average annual depreciation? (I guess it depends on spec) these are just a few early questions to think about before I start booking test drives .I would just like to be a little more clued up before before the sharks get there teeth into me!

Cheers for any help Woody

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35707

Hi Woody

The CDR23 radio I believe is the standard head unit if you dont have Porsche Communication Management (PCM). On board computer is standard and is the usual stuff like trip meters/miles till empty etc etc. If it is Bose, the speakers and stuff will have Bose on them. £50K should see you into a 2002 or early 2003 car but probably with PCM1 if its got it. PCM2 came in on 2003 model year cars and is much better. PCM (both) also includes satnav and is definitely a desirable on re-sale. Bartering with OPC's can be a 'will to live losing exercise' so most folks dont bother.

If you're not fussed whether LHD or RHD, less than £50k will get you a very recent LHD car with all the goodies. (PM me if you want some info on LHD)

Good luck

Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35710

ps

you and Buzz not planning a third film are you????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35711

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back