Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman S Options

Northern

New to the forum and soon to be first time Porsche owner. Need to get options in for Cayman I've ordered asap. I've got a good idea what I want but was wondering if anyone had advice on an option that I should definately include, e.g manual vs tip. I know this may sound sad, but thinking of residual value in two years time or whatever. Any advice would be appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35653

a good dark metallic or silver should help the residual value,as for the rest its down to your budget and of course taste.............bizarrely your OPC salesman should keep you right............afterall he'll be hoping to sell it when you've finished with it

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35655

Manual is the way to go, tiptronic costs more to buy and is worth less (generally) on re-sale than a manual. Unless you have a disability go for the manual!

I'd agree, an OPC will normally make some helpful suggestions on spec. Make sure you buy those that you'll actually use.

Silver is great for resale and it hides any stone chips and scratches really well. Otherwise dark metallics are good at resale and look good in the first place (yellow and red are not).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35714

I have a Guards Red 997 C2S. It's not a Cayman but looks fantastic.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35715

My GT3 is Guards Red too. Was not sure on the colour at first but it does look good, especially when clean & polished. Never been totally certain why the resale should not be as good, most people seem to think its the "right" colour.

The only thing against it, which I really noticed yesterday when it was parked in a line of cars, is that it is not a subtle colour, but then again a GT3 is hardly subtle in the 1st place!

Anyone got any reasons why red should not be good for resale on a Porsche? To be honest can understand it on lessar cars, & it can look real scruffy on cars that are not looked after. Maybe I'm answering my own question here!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35725

for some bizarre reason to me guards red really only suits these models; 924/944/Carrera 3.2/964/928's

apologies to all you Guards red 993/996/986/987/997 owners out there but IMHO it just looks "cheap" on such a quality car.................

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35734

IMHO Guards Red and 911 generally shouts Yuppie from back in the late 80's early 90's. The car looks good but in many peoples mind it was the epitome of the yuppie bond dealers in the city. Just look in 911 WOrld etc and see how many G Red 964's are available.....

Time moves on and metallic is def most peoples choice now.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35736

Forgot to say.......

Forget Gayman (sic) buy a (2nd Hand) 911 or even a Boxster as the Cayman offers little over the Boxster, seems to be the conclusion of the weekends motoring press reviews.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35737

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Martyn1 on 17 October 2005

IMHO Guards Red and 911 generally shouts Yuppie from back in the late 80's early 90's. The car looks good but in many peoples mind it was the epitome of the yuppie bond dealers in the city.
Oh well, think I better go get some red braces.... :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35738

I'd say xenons, bose, pcm will be essentials in 2 yrs.

Maybe PASM, but not sure.

Go for a silver, grey, blue, black, with grey or black trim for resale.

Then again, future Cayman buyers may be a more extrovert bunch!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35742

I had the same decisions to make for my Cayman, I went for:

Exterior colour Seal £543Interior colour GreyBi-xenon lights P74 £705Bose Package 680 £8596CD Changer 692 £348Climate control 573 £308Floor mats PCH £117.5 (bloody salesman wouldn't throw them in for free!)

And somewhat controversially (but I do use them on my TT)Heated seats 342 £269Cruise control 454 £294

There's also a VTS (Vehicle Tracking System - Thatcham Category 5) dealer fit option but the pricing wasn't available when I enquired.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35796

since my Ur-quattro of 1987 vintage every car i've bought i've always tried to have the heated seat option on them............never realised before then how much of a godsend they are on a winters morning

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35806

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back