Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 hifi option rear speakers

perry

Monza
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have the hifi upgrade pack in their 993, I'm interested in the rear speakers, I have just purchased some and they don't seem to fit quite right?

Do they sit straight onto the rear shelf or is there a bezel between the shelf and speaker.

cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35206

The profile is slightly diffent to the standard speaker, but should fit after a bit of persuasion.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35229

My car originally had the hi fi pack with dsp set up, but a PO had disconnected it and installed an aftermarket set up. This resulted in Sony speakers being installed in the rear shelf.

I'm connecting all the originall equipment back up now, which has been a good exercise in getting to know the interior of the car, seats out, door panels off, all that sort of thing.

The hifi speakers look as if they are missing something as they don't sit squarely on the shelf, and I'm using the original holes. Looked at the parts diagram in the OPC, and it looks as if the standard rear speakers do have a bezel, 83p +VAT each, so am going to see if this does the job. I couldn't tell the outline of the speakers but it might work.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35325

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back