Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Who likes Forest Green?

TyUk

Silverstone
I saw a lovely 05 997 S that had been ruined by being painted in forest green...why!?

Now I know it comes down to personal taste but why would anyone buy such a lovely car and paint it such an unflattering colour? Not only that it costs £1522 to have it painted that colour!

Not my cup of tea!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34921

I think its one of those colours that you think will look nice when your in the OPC looking at all the nice colours! But, in reality its not too sexy! I saw a 996 Turbo recently in Basalt Black with a GREEN interior???? What on earth was he on!!!!

Well we all know the saying 'too much money, not enough sense'

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34937

Robin Hood and his merry men

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34942

i'm maybe in the minority or a bit biased as my Corrado is a dark met green............but i quite like Forest green :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34954

Seen worse...like pink ones....OK was in the Middle East!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34955

Anyone like those Tobacco brown (or whatever) early 911s? Personally, a mid-60s/early 70s 911 looks classically nice - but not in poo brown.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34958

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 06 October 2005

Seen worse...like pink ones....OK was in the Middle East!!
One of my brother-in-law's colleagues has got a pink Boxter - she's even been on telly or in the press with it :roll:

I think it's like all of these things, if you're prepared to take the hit when you sell it on, it's up to you. After all, it's your car (says the man who's last 3 cars have been silver - 2 of which he speced himself).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34971

You'll note I've been quiet on the green....had a green viva, a green Capri, green Lotus & a green Mercedes......

...was in Porsche Reading once & the salesman did actually tell me that somebody once tried to order a bubble gum pink 911, which they refused to do...dunnoe if true

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34976

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 06 October 2005

...was in Porsche Reading once & the salesman did actually tell me that somebody once tried to order a bubble gum pink 911, which they refused to do...dunnoe if true

sounds like Katie Price aka Jordan story

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34982

Blood Orange or Viper Green 911 circa 1970, is the Dogs B*ll*x but put it on a modern 911 and Id run a mile. Strange eh??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34998

I think Forest green is a really sophisticated colour,

I had a Boxster 2.7 in Forest, 8,000 miles, couldn't sell it

BUT Everyone who came to look at other cars said how the colour grew on them, but then none of them bought it

When it comes to hideous remember the photos of the interior of the flamingo red turbo with the yellow inserts that i posted a couple of months back

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by mark pearce on 07 October 2005
When it comes to hideous remember the photos of the interior of the flamingo red turbo with the yellow inserts that i posted a couple of months back

damn you mark!!!!! :twisted:
.................i'd just gotten them out of my head :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35026

I don't normally like green, but I saw a very nice 996 facelift in Forest Green today and it looked very classy.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35048

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back