Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

gt3 advice

Mark, tried to when I was in Mylor Bridge in August! maybe I should call for a chat! the Mrs is out tomorrow!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34529

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 29 September 2005

Robert, the guys on p/heads thought the shirleys car might not be a CS, could you tell from looking? did it have a red ignition cut off switch on the dash?
It has the cut-off switch.

If in doubt, enquire about the car and ask for the chassis number- I dare say the proper Clubsport chassis numbers will have a tell-tale digit (dunno what it is!)

I recall a few years ago quoting a chassis number to a friendly OPC salesman who identified the car in seconds on his computer...finding out the 993 "RS Touring" I was considering was in fact just a normal 993!

FWIW it has a reeeeeally heavy clutch. Is that typical of a normal GT3?

The chap at Shirleys said it is a really intense car, very very firm, and hence did not impress people out on test drive who did not understand what the car was all about.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34583

recently found out that the Shirleys car was an ex Porsche UK demo/press car, I have got video footage of Tiff chucking it round a track somewhere.

great viewing, but not so good for the car!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34589

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back