Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Rear spoiler noise

My spoiler has been making that noise for the two and a half years since I've had the car and although I was aware of the repair that you guys have shown, I didn't trust myself to make a success of it.

Anyway, bearing (no pun intended) in mind that this is obviously a very common problem, how lucky was I to get a whole new unit on eBay this morning for £19.11.

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/993

...I just hope it works!

John

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33804

John, I saw that on ebay too, and was thinking of bidding :wink:
, but IIRC it said condition:used. Are you sure it's a new one?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33826

Evil, er yeah (he says very embarrassedly)... 'used' ...I knew that ! I'm just getting a collection of 'em so I can connect them all up together and my car won't just sound like a little coffee machine, it'll be like a chuffin' mobile Starbucks!

};¬}~

John

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33848

Soooo...Six months later I've finally gotten around to doing this job! :oops:

It really is dead easy, providing you have the right tools.

The bearing inside the drive mechanism was just about rusted solid:
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/IMG_0004(2).jpg

Now I don't have to put up with passengers asking what the grinding noise is everytime we come to a stop...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49720

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back