Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bedford Sat 1st Oct 05 - Easytrack ??

Porsche

anyone else ? going.... now that the summer silly price season is coming to a close a day around the flat plains at (currently) £179 looks tempting......

www.easytrack.co.uk

anyone else ?? as I'll be there !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32423

I was planning on going but unfortunately my mum's B'day is on the day after, how inconsiderate!! So we'll be many miles away.

Might go for the Nov one though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32439

pity !

have the same issue this month on another track day but my mum's b'day clashed.. although I did and sneak out, sadly the mrs pulled rank ! :?
and I got busted !

btw........ for those wondering.....

for me, track days are driven at eight-tenths, there is a lot of fun in doing that !

and for me the extra Insurance cost is something I've never taken, but I still need to be careful but with tuition and the correct "thinking" the risks for me are acceptable

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32472

"for me, track days are driven at eight-tenths, there is a lot of fun in doing that ! "

Sundeep, who are you trying to convince? We know you are a speed demon mate!

Sounds like your trying to convince your Mrs that track days are safe and you would never go 'full on' on a track : )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32477

Never done a track day as most of you know !

Is this a good track ? and how do I go about Insurance in case something happens ?

Also, I have no driving licence at the moment (no I have no been banned) just I send it off when I moved address and they have lost it, and have been told it will take 2 months ish to resolve it !

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32501

Bedford is just about the safest track in the country (if a little boring) in the sense that if you misjudge your car and spin off, you're very very unlikely to hit anything hard. A lot of people don't bother with Insurance as it easily doubles the cost of a trackday with huge excess (last time I asked, £250 for the day with £3500 xs). Any minor mishaps are probably repairable and cost less than the Insurance itself. If you choose Bedford to begin with to find/learn the limit of your car, than I think you'll be pretty safe.

You will need to show your driving licence on the day though. Surely DVLA can give you something to prove you can drive?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32506

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 17 August 2005

You will need to show your driving licence on the day though. Surely DVLA can give you something to prove you can drive?
aye... you need your licence

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32584

Hi All,

I am thinking of making this my first track day, after realising i have no idea where the limits of my car are! :oops:

I'm a little concerned about the noise limit though. The sports exhaust on my 996 C4S is not switchable, so i would not be able to turn it off. Does anybody have any experience of this, or know if the SE is below 101db?

Thanks,

H

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32650

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 22 August 2005

Hi All,

I am thinking of making this my first track day, after realising i have no idea where the limits of my car are! :oops:

I'm a little concerned about the noise limit though. The sports exhaust on my 996 C4S is not switchable, so i would not be able to turn it off. Does anybody have any experience of this, or know if the SE is below 101db?

Thanks,

H

sports exhaust is about 99-101db on the 996 I think (?)

although 'normally' allow an extra 1db for 911's for the static test due to the nature of the 911 design i.e. engine & exhaust at the same end

not seen too many 996's fail the noise test, such exhausts are less like those on 964's et al...

if you are concerned then a trip to a local garage could be needed to test out the noise, but if you do fail and they let you on them you need to be sensible and limit your rpm on track

I have a sports exhaust on mine and I've never had a problem noise testing even though I have been in the 99-101db range....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32692

Thanks for the info Sundeep.

I'm going to go to a MOT centre and get it checked. But as you suggested I'm not planning on going crazy on the track. I'm just desperate to drive and explore the car in an environment where I don't have to worry about pedestrians/other drivers etc.

cheers, hopefully see you at Bedford! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32751

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 24 August 2005

cheers, hopefully see you at Bedford! :)
I'll be in that 993.. so say hello !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32752

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back