Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

'check engine' 993TT

I agree I would want to know what the fault code was and their explanation as to what caused it to trigger.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32189

I should have the code tommorrow. Thanks for the help so far :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32204

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Ray Kelly on 05 August 2005

Anyhow I have now found my car at strasse in guards red and collect it monday

At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you local to Strasse? I was up there a few days ago to look at the blue 993tt. Still looking!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32227

Heres the codes

P 0300/62 Misfire emission R02
P 0306/55 misfire CYL 6 Emiss RO2
P 0302/51 misfire CYL 2 Emiss RO2
p 0303/52 misfire CYL 3 Emiss RO2

They said they cleared the memory and the error hasnt come back up

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32239

FWIW I had a similar fault on my BMW when I started it very briefly to move it out of the way of the garage (which upsets the lambda sensors/ECU apparently). Next time I started it, really lumpy tickover and check engine lights came on. Let it run for a bit, then restarted. It was fine, and no reoccurence of fault.

Your fault may be a consequence of the car sitting at a dealer, maybe being moved around from time to time, and then being pressed into proper use by your good self.

Keep an eye on it, but I suspect it was a glitch.

Autobahn/PCT are both V good outfits, and although they share the building, are separate entities. Thus I am sure the advice you got from PCT is given with no 'hidden agenda'.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32242

Well after i spoke to them on Saturday i sent them back an email saying i wasn’t to confident that the car was in working order

So they didn’t send it back to me on Monday instead they tested it for a day. Here's what they found

"the workshop have found the fault with
your 993 turbo,it was found that the turbo pressure sender was loose and had
been fitted without a washer,the effect being that under boost the vehicle
would perform well but at idle (tick over ) an air leak would occur giving
the vehicle an erratic tick over."

I find it slightly amusing that they want to give it back on Monday and assured me their head engineer was happy there was no faults with it. I'm glad I persuaded them to test it a bit more.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32255

Result !!! now get out there and cane it :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32261

Hi,

Sorry for the long delay in updating, my ISP decided to upgrade my exchange and instead left me with no internet for 4 weeks. This is a long post.

So After I got my car back I needed to make a few rounds unfortunately after just the first trip the check engine light came back on. Needless to say I was right on to autobahn who said I could take it to Northway’s. As it was I couldnt take the car there till the end of the week. The car seemed to run fine so I kept using it.

The following Sunday I got in the garage but the car wouldn’t start the battery was completely dead. So I left it on charge over night hoping it would hold a charge. I Monday took the day off work to take the car down to Northway’s but the battery was still flat wouldn’t even tick over. So I rushed around London trying to find a charge battery ready to go. eventually I found one at Charles Ivey (ironically just a stones throw from where I live). But when I fitted the battery I found the check engine light had gone off. After ringing Northway’s they said there was little point in coming down if the light wasn’t on and to drive it till it reappeared

So I drove the car for a week and nothing. But I noticed when the car was switched off the hum of electrics running the first time I had put it down to the cooling fans but I had a suspicion it was a battery drain. Sure enough 1 week later the battery was flat I had to get a jump start from the RAC and drive it down to Charles Ivey to find the drain. I got the car back and every thing was cool the engine check light hasn’t come back on and the battery hasn’t gone flat again (touch wood).

But alas I was driving down a duel carriage way when a motorist pulled out into me in my lane I hit the horn and nothing so I had to brake sharply, it seems the horn is not working. Now I’ 99% sure it was working before it when into Charles Ivey.

So here are my Questions;
If you had unlocked the doors when the battery was flat then reconnect a charged battery the alarm sounds till you lock then unlock the doors. Could Charles Ivey have disconnected the horn due to the alarm sounding and forgotten to reconnect it? If so can I fix this easily myself i.e. putting a fuse in etc or do I have to book it in with them again?

Second could the low battery/battery drain have been the cause of the engine check light due to not having enough power to start the car up properly. Because in hind sight the light only ever came on after starting the car back up.

Don’t get me wrong I LOVE this car just like any fine thing I guess it comes with its own trails though

Regards
simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33616

I have read your post and can imagine that its all a bit frustrating! I haven't got any technical advise BUT, all I can say is, I wouldn't worry too much - I have only bought new Porsches and to be honest - they all have the technical hiccup as well! Boxster top wouldn't close properly - happened in 2 different cars! My 996 went back to the dealer 3 times in the first month! My 997 twice in the first 2 months! Just be patient and I am sure you will be flying around in it without a problem before you know it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33617

Check to see if it's had the wiring loom update - call an OPC

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33619

thanks for the replies

So i'll ring the AFN on monday

What does this wiring loom do?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33621

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member